serving the Biloxi area as your guide on the journey to a healthier, happier self
We are not just a fitness program. At Crooked Letter CrossFit we are a vehicle for life change. Anyone that has been a member at Crooked Letter CrossFit for more than a few months can testify to the unique environment that is fostered by our coaching staff and our community.
This place has become a “third place” for many of our members outside of the work and home life.
It’s a place they come to unwind, work off stress and know that they can be their true authentic self.
No matter what your background is, your age, race, religion, or political beliefs… In this gym, we are all athlete on the same journey. In this gym we all root for each other. We all push each other through difficult times, we all celebrate breakthroughs both physical and mental. In this gym, we all may look and act a little different but we are all part of the Crooked Letter CrossFit family.
The small ripple effect that occurs from nurturing happier healthier humans, extends from gym life to the world around us.
positive & challenging environments promoting health, fitness, well being & community
- COME EARLY, STAY LATE AND PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.
- CHECK YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR.
- KNOW WHO YOU ARE TRAINING WITH: GREET, ENCOURAGE, AND CHEER FOR THE PERSON NEXT TO YOU.
- EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING: REMEMBER THAT HOW YOU DO ANYTHING IN HERE IS HOW YOU DO EVERYTHING OUT THERE.
- PREPARE FOR DOOMSDAY: DO WHAT YOU SUCK AT AND WORK ON YOUR WEAKNESSES.
- MECHANICS FIRST, THEN CONSISTENCY, THEN INTENSITY.
- RESPECT THE COACHES, BE WILLING TO BE A STUDENT, TO LISTEN AND TO SHARE WITH OTHERS.
- KEEP THE GYM TIDY: PUT YOUR EQUIPMENT BACK AND WIPE OFF BLOOD, SWEAT, AND CHALK.
- NEVER GIVE UP. EVER. BUT BE RESPONSIBLE. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR FITNESS (SEE RULE #10).
- DON’T IGNORE INJURIES: CHECK WITH YOUR COACH ON HOW TO SCALE YOUR WORKOUT AND WORK AROUND THE INJURY.
- USE YOUR HEAD AND YOUR MOUTH: ASK FOR HELP IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR HOW TO DO IT.
- EAT MEATS AND VEGETABLES, NUTS AND SEEDS, SOME FRUITS, LITTLE STARCH AND NO SUGAR. SEEK OUR COACHES FOR SOME MORE ADVICE.
- HARDEN THE F*CK UP: DON’T TRY TO FIND EXCUSES IF YOU WANT TO IMPROVE. YOU HAVE TO PUT THE WORK IN.
- NEVER CHEAT. THERE IS NO HONOR IN CHEATING.
- ALWAYS HAVE FUN!
OUR PEOPLE IS WHAT MAKES US GREAT